June 12, 2007
I was introduced to Facebook yesterday. Damn that was a mistake.
Its for this reason there has been a decrease in the amount of posts here these last couple of days.
Anyway, while doing some googling on facebook, i came accross this article which i thought i would show you all.
Here are the five most popular Facebook applications.
- iLike integrates the music social network and recommendation service into your profile. Adding music-based social networking to Facebook makes perfect sense, and is something they could have easily done themselves.
- Horoscopes (by RockYou!) adds twice-weeky horoscope readings to your profile.
- The Compass (by the Washington Post) involves taking a survey that determines your political compass. The results are then displayed on your profile. Itâ€™s a fun idea, but hardly qualifies as an â€˜applicationâ€™.
- Games adds multiplayer web-based games to Facebook: â€œPlay games and meet new people in your networks! Add the Games application to get access to a constantly changing selection of fun multi-player games, all right in your browser.â€? Pretty obvious but neat idea that has the potential to take traffic away from dedicated web-based gaming social networks. If the games are any good that is.
- Picnik adds basic photo editing functionality to Facebook. Considering that the social network has been reported as the largest photo-sharing site on the web, giving users the ability to re-size, crop, and enhance their photos without leaving the site is a smart move. Although again, it seems like the kind of thing Facebook should have done themselves.